- Q: What are the requirements to attend Ontario Christian School?
The basic requirement is that the families are Protestant or Catholic and attending a church regularly. We also ask that the student is not on any academic or behavior discipline. For additional requirements, click here to visit our page detailing the criteria for enrollment.
- Q: What curriculum do you use?
We do not use any one publisher. Instead, we carefully select resources and textbooks that will best equip our students in any given subject area. Our teachers, who have a solid Biblical worldview, teach the curriculum from a Christian perspective.
- Q: How many students per class?
Student-teacher ratio on campus:
• Preschool 8:1
• K-6th 16:1
• 7th-8th 11:1
• 9th-12th 17:1 (Honors, AP, and Elective classes typically have fewer students per classroom)
- Q: Are your teachers credentialed?
Our teachers are credentialed or in process of securing a current teaching or other appropriate professional certificate recognized by a State. All our teachers are qualified and trained to teach in their respective subject areas and actively seek growth in their profession.
- Q: What are the school hours?
K- 8th grade: 8:10 a.m. – 2:50 p.m. 9-12th grade: 8:00 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
- Q: Is Ontario Christian Schools accredited?
We are fully accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and CSI (Christian Schools International).
- Q: Does Ontario Christian have an international student program?
Yes! Please see our International Program page for more info.
- Q: Do the students wear uniforms?
Yes, all students are required to wear uniforms. Preschool students are only required to wear the OC T-shirt on Fridays.
- Q: Do you require parents to do service hours?
We always encourage parents to be involved and offer many opportunities for service. However we do not require service hours.
- Q: Are you on a traditional school calendar year?
Yes, we start August 17 and end June 2.
- Q: Is lunch available for purchase daily?
Preschool – 8th grade receive a monthly lunch menu and can purchase and pay for the days they order lunch. 4-8th grade can also purchase lunch daily from the à la carte menu. At the High School, the Knights' Corner Kitchen serves fresh, nutritious meals and homemade soup every day.
- Q: Do you offer bus transportation?
Ontario Christian Schools provides its students transportation to and from school via our fleet of 14 well-maintained buses. Click here for more info.