International Students FAQ
- Q: What information do we need to provide to apply?
All the required documents, fees, etc. are available on the International Students page on our school's website. We will begin accepting applications for new International Students for the Spring school year September through November and March through July for our Fall semester.
- Q: Do the students have any specific age requirements? What grade levels do you accept?
All students must graduate by the age of 20 years old. We accept grades 7th -12th. However, we only accept transfer students applying for the 11th or 12th grade from other US schools because they will not have sufficient time to complete all the requirements. Please note we have limited spaces available per grade level.
- Q: Do you require an English Proficiency test for admissions? Which tests are accepted and what is the minimum score needed for admissions?
Yes, the minimum scores we require for admissions are listed below. The student will also be required to have a skype ISAA (International Student Admissions Assessment) interview with our admissions department. TOEFL: Minimum 60 TOEFL Jr: Minimum 790
- Q: What is the annual tuition cost for the school year?
High School Tuition = $21,285
Middle School Tuition = $19,395
*Please note that tuition fees are subject to change each year and the amounts above are for the 2020-21 school year.
- Q: Are there additional fees?
All fees can be found in the admissions packet on the website. However, some of the additional fees include annual homestay costs, application fees, registration fees, medical insurance, and school-related expenses. Please note that all fees are non-refundable and subject to change. Payment methods can also be found in the downloadable packet. No personal checks will be accepted.
- Q: What are the requirements of the host family?
All our host families must be pre-approved by our school and principal. They all must be practicing Christians and attend church weekly. These families have undergone extensive background checks to monitor safety and ensure a loving home. All parties living in the home over 18 years old must complete a live scan with the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau Investigation Agency. All students have their own room and bed and can not share a living space. Both the host families and students will be given an Agreement with all the requirements/expectations.
- Q: Can the students live with family members or parents in the United States?
No, all students must enroll in our International Student Program (ISP) and live with one of our pre-approved Christian host families. Students living with parents are on a case by case basis.
- Q: How many International Students do you currently have enrolled?
Currently, we have 19 students enrolled for the 2020-21 school year.
- Q: Who do I contact if I have any homestay or admission questions?
Feel free to contact Jami Mendoza, International Program Manager and DSO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.