- Q: What are the requirements to attend Ontario Christian School?
The basic requirement is that families attend a Christ-centered Protestant or Catholic church regularly. For additional requirements, click here for further enrollment details.
- Q: What curriculum do you use?
We do not use any one publisher. Instead, we carefully select resources and textbooks that will best equip our students in any given subject area. Then our teachers, who have a solid Biblical worldview, teach the curriculum from a Christian perspective.
- Q: How many students per class?
We use the following guidelines:
• K through 2nd grade typically has 18–22 students per classroom
• 3rd and 4th grade typically has 20–24 students per classroom
• 5th and 6th grade typically has 22–26 students per classroom
• 7th through 12th grade typically has 24–28 student per classroom (Honors, AP, and Elective classes typically have fewer students per classroom)
- Q: Are your teachers credentialed?
Our teachers are credentialed or in process of securing a current teaching or other appropriate professional certificate recognized by a State. All our teachers are qualified and trained to teach in their respective subject areas and actively seek growth in their profession.
- Q: Are you on a traditional school calendar year?
Yes, we start mid August and end school around Memorial Day. Specific dates are determined annually. Our current year calendar can be downloaded here.
- Q: What are the school hours?
K- 8th grade: 8:10 a.m. – 2:50 p.m. 9-12th grade: 8:00 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
- Q: Is Ontario Christian Schools accredited?
We are fully accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and CSI (Christian Schools International).
- Q: Does Ontario Christian have an international student program?
Yes! Please see our International Program page for more info.
- Q: Do the students wear uniforms?
Yes, all students are required to wear uniforms. Preschool students are only required to wear the OC T-shirt on Fridays.
- Q: Are there opportunities for parents to volunteer or serve?
We always encourage parents to be involved in auxiliary groups and offer many opportunities for service, such as chaperoning field trips, providing special skills in the office, or helping with drama or other special events and programs.
- Q: Is lunch available for purchase daily?
Preschool – 8th grade receive a monthly lunch menu and can purchase and pay for the days they order lunch. 4-8th grade can also purchase lunch daily from the à la carte menu. At the High School, the Knights' Corner Kitchen serves fresh, nutritious meals and homemade soup every day.
- Q: Do you offer bus transportation?
Ontario Christian Schools provides its students transportation to and from school via our fleet of 14 well-maintained buses. Click here for more info.