by Jeremy Zuidema, High School U.S. History Teacher
Thanks so much for your interest in participating in a trip to Lesotho, Africa. I am so excited to see what God has in store for Ontario Christian students. As a team, it is my goal that we are able to make a difference by loving and serving the children and staff at Beautiful Gate. In building relationships with them, we have the opportunity to show them God’s love and grace. We also will learn from them by discovering how they live in contagious joy amid the daily struggles they face. I pray that God may go before us and prepare the way. This letter will give you some information on pre-trip details, as well as a general overview of our team will be doing while we stay at Beautiful Gate.
Dates and Costs:
- The tentative trip dates are roughly from June 19 through June 29. The exact dates will depend on which days we can get the best ticket prices, and there is a possibility that the trip could be extended a couple of days. The trip will be limited to 12 total people including chaperones.
- The cost of the trip will depend largely upon ticket prices, but could run between $3,000-$3,500.
- There will be a required deposit of $500 with a due date to be determined.
- The application is part of this packet and must be returned by November 18, 2016.
- The application will be read by a committee to determine the team.
- There will be team meetings that each team member will have to commit to attend.
Things you will need in order to participate:
- The following immunizations and shots: Updated immunizations, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Updated tetanus and typhoid
Stuff we will do at Beautiful Gate Lesotho:
- Building Maintenance
- Community Clean Up
- Fun Day Away
- Other activities TBD
If you are interested and want more information about Beautiful Gate Lesotho visit the Beautiful Gate Webpage
For more information contact Jeremy Zuidema at email@example.com.