Updated September 30, 2020
The State of California Health Department has deemed OC's reopening plan safe and has officially accepted the K-6 waiver to safely begin on-campus face to face instruction.
Our administration team continues to advocate for the safe reopening of on campus instruction for grades 7-12. Remote learning continues in the meanwhile for our 7th and 8th graders with Master Weekly Calendar/Schedules available here.
Important Dates For 7-8th Families
- October 9 - End of First Quarter - No School
- October 15-16 - Parent/Teacher Conferences. Sign up links have been emailed to parents/guardians.
7th-8th Grade October 5-9 Schedule10/5: Periods 1, 3, 5, elective
10/6: Periods 2, 4, 6
10/7: Periods 1, 3, 5, elective
10/8: Periods 2, 4, 6
10/9: End of 1st Quarter - NO SCHOOL
7th-8th Grade October 12-16 Schedule10/12: Periods 1, 3, 5, elective
10/13: Periods 2, 4, 6
10/14: Periods 1, 3, 5, elective
10/15: Periods 2, 4, 6 - Parent/Teacher Conferences in the afternoon
10/16: Parent Teacher Conferences - NO SCHOOL
K-8 Remote Learning Schedules
Small-Group Sessions on Campus.
In order to provide targeted support and intervention services, students will have the opportunity to be on campus for one small-group session each week with teachers and a cohort of students from their advisement class. Each session will be limited to no more than 14 students and two teachers, in accordance with state guidelines.
Please refer to emails from your campus for the most up-to-date information relating to 7-8th grade small group schedules and sign ups.
Reminders For Small Group Sessions:
- Only students are allowed on campus.
- Students will enter at the middle gate to get their temperature taken and exit at the north gate once their session is over.
- Students may only be on campus for the sessions for which they are signed up.
- Students need to be picked up promptly at the end of their sessions.
- Masks need to be worn by all students grades 3-8 while on campus.
- Masks must be plain (solid), patterned, or have sports teams/schools.
- All students need to bring their own materials to use on campus (crayons, pens, pencils, notebooks, etc.) to avoid sharing among students.
- While there will be hand sanitizer stations available, students are encouraged to bring their own.
Please do not enter the campus through the office. Students will enter through the south gate and will exit through the north gate. Students will have their temperatures checked as they enter campus; any student with a temperature that registers above 100.4° F will not be allowed on campus. Visitors, including parents, will not be allowed on campus during this time. Please do not congregate in the school parking lot, as we have to limit the number of people on campus at one time. This includes the parking lot.
Timeliness is Imperative
Upon arrival, students will enter campus through the middle gate (by the preschool). They should proceed directly to their classrooms. When finished, students will exit campus through the north gate. Parents need to be on time to pick up their students in order to keep the day flowing smoothly for other students coming and to allow for social distancing while exiting.
School uniforms will not be required for on-campus days at this time. Shirts must have sleeves (no tank tops) and bottoms must be appropriate. Shirts may not contain any words or images that conflict with a Christian message or lifestyle. Stick with the lengths of a typical uniform bottom (handbook says fingertip length) and avoid ripped jeans.