Updated December 9, 2020
In October, we began utilizing a small-group cohort structure for our 7th and 8th grade students. These cohorts provide an opportunity for students to be on campus for core classes twice a week in the mornings (class hours run from 8:10-12:15). Remote learning options also remain available for students who require them.
In order to maintain the safest on-campus experience, students will remain in these cohorts while on campus which will minimize their interaction with larger groups of students.
As with the elementary students currently on campus, the 7th and 8th grade students will not switch classrooms throughout the morning. Instead, the individual teachers will rotate among the classrooms, allowing students to receive live, in-person support from each of their core teachers..
Important Dates For 7-8th Families
- December 18 - Half day/noon dismissal K-8; Students with last names A-L are picked up in the front parking lot while students with last names M-Z are picked up in the back field off Sultana. Please remember to use your laminated name cards - this really helps in the pickup process!
- December 21-January 3 - No School; Christmas Break
- January 4 - School resumes/beginning of second semester; School uniforms will be required for days that students are on campus. Additionally, unnaturally-colored hair needs to be cleaned up. Student spirit shirts should arrive before Christmas break, and these may be worn on Fridays (or Thursdays for students in that cohort for as long as we are on a hybrid schedule).
K-8 Remote Learning Schedules
Reminders For Cohort Sessions:
- Only students are allowed on campus.
- Students will be dropped off and picked up in the front parking lot.
- Students need to be picked up promptly at 12:15 PM.
- Masks need to be worn by all students while on campus.
- Masks must be plain (solid), patterned, or have sports teams/schools.
- All students need to bring their own materials to use on campus (crayons, pens, pencils, notebooks, etc.) to avoid sharing among students.
- While there will be hand sanitizer stations available, students are encouraged to bring their own.
Gates are opened at 7:45. Students will enter campus at either the north or middle gate, get their temperature taken, and proceed directly to their first classroom.
School uniforms will be required for days that students are on campus beginning January 4th. Additionally, unnaturally-colored hair needs to be cleaned up. Student spirit shirts should arrive before Christmas break, and these may be worn on Fridays (or Thursdays for students in that cohort for as long as we are on a hybrid schedule).
Middle School Athletics:
Middle school students were invited to participate in Fall ID camps. These camps were not mandatory, but we loved having those interested in participating in a sport at Ontario Christian attend.Learn More Here.