Updated September 20, 2020The State of California Health Department has deemed OC's reopening plan safe and has officially accepted the K-6 waiver to safely begin on-campus face to face instructions beginning Monday, September 14. The administration team continues to closely monitor the new Tier system for full school (including 7th-12th grade) openings, and our county’s numbers improve daily.
Remote Learning Schedule
Important Upcoming Dates
- September 18 - Progress reports distributed
- September 30 - Deadline to submit Student/Parent Handbook Acknowledgement
- October 2 - Senior Drive-Through Event (more information TBA)
- October 9 - Last Day of First Quarter - No School
- October 15-16 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - More information TBA
- October 19 - Parenting a Knight
On-Campus Wednesdays (Optional/Sign-Up Required)
Cohort Wednesday Schedule (Beginning Wednesday, September 2)
Math and World Language
Science and Social Studies
English and Arts (Fine Arts & Vocational Arts)
Bible, PE/Health, Study Skills
Wednesday Cohort Details
- Students may meet in cohorts of up to 14 students.
- Each teacher will have only one cohort.
- Students may only sign up for one cohort. Students will be able to select a different cohort each week.
- Students may schedule (by email) a one-on-one meeting with an additional teacher outside of their cohort.
- Students need to come prepared with the necessary materials: chrome book, notebooks, writing utensils, etc.
- Students will signup with individual teachers via a Google spreadsheet posted on Google Classroom.
- Students will check-in at the front west entrance to come on campus.
- Masks will be required and all COVID-19 Protocol will be followed. (Masks must be plain (solid), patterned, or have sports teams/schools.)
- Students may only sign up for classes where they need individual help. (Note: there will be no space for students to eat or congregate, other than small groups.)
- All student drivers should park in the Senior lot (by the gym)
- Parents can drop off and pick up but may not park on campus.
- Students will need to leave campus immediately following their designated small group time.
- Dress code update: Students will not be required to wear uniforms. However, uniform-like attire is expected. (Modest shorts, shirts are great.)
Important: teachers will continue to be available during office hours and on Wednesdays for academic help via Zoom.
Virtual Parent Orientation
- Access our Virtual Parent Orientation! Get to know the teachers and learn more about your student’s classes.
- Note: this is different than our Staff Introductions Flipgrid.
Please review the Remote Learning Reminders and Expectations. Students will receive this as a bookmark on August 19.
CIF released revised calendars for the 2020-2021 athletics seasons. Ontario Christian High School is currently exploring options for resuming practices in concordance with local health and safety guidelines. Coaches are currently working on return to practice schedules for the week of August 24th and will communicate directly with families to provide updates.
On the last page of the 2020-21 Parent-Student Handbook, there is an acknowledgment that’s due September 30. Feel free to drop off in the high school office or email to RaKia Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.