Updated October 30, 2020Remote learning continues. Classes include live-streamed/synchronous instruction utilizing a block schedule. Beginning Monday, October 26, 9th through 12th-grade students will have an opportunity to receive optional academic help in a social, face to face setting once a week through our updated cohort scheduling. These cohorts will have an opportunity to be on campus once a week from 1:30-3:00 PM. Masks, distancing, and cohort regulations will all be enforced, and sign up is required, according to grade level. Students will also be able to access some in-person music and/or art instruction. Counseling will continue to be available for students via Zoom or on campus as needed.
The administration team continues to closely monitor the new Tier system for full school (including 7th-12th grade) openings.
Remote Learning Schedule
Important Upcoming Dates
- November 11 - No School; Veterans Day
- November 23-27 - No School; Thanksgiving Break
On-Campus Cohorts (Optional/Sign-Up Required)
- Students may meet in cohorts of up to 14 students.
- Each teacher will have only one cohort.
- Students may only sign up for one cohort. Students will be able to select a different cohort each week.
- Students may schedule (by email) a one-on-one meeting with an additional teacher outside of their cohort.
- Students need to come prepared with the necessary materials: chrome book, notebooks, writing utensils, etc.
- Students will signup with individual teachers via a Google spreadsheet posted on Google Classroom.
- Students will check in through the front office.
- Masks will be required and all COVID-19 Protocol will be followed. (Masks must be plain (solid), patterned, or have sports teams/schools.)
- Students may only sign up for classes where they need individual help. (Note: there will be no space for students to eat or congregate, other than small groups.)
- All student drivers should park in the Senior lot (by the gym)
- Parents can drop off and pick up but may not park on campus.
- Students will need to leave campus immediately following their designated small group time.
- Dress code update: Students will not be required to wear uniforms. However, uniform-like attire is expected. (Modest shorts, shirts are great.)
Important: teachers will continue to be available during office hours and on Wednesdays for academic help via Zoom.
Virtual Parent Orientation
- Access our Virtual Parent Orientation! Get to know the teachers and learn more about your student’s classes.
- Note: this is different than our Staff Introductions Flipgrid.
Please review the Remote Learning Reminders and Expectations. Students will receive this as a bookmark on August 19.
Our Athletics department communicates directly with families to provide regular updates as new information becomes available for our programs. Visit Our Athletics Website Here
High School Training Sessions
Male and Female Athletes 3:15– 4:15 PM
KNIGHTS TRAINING CHECKLIST
- Come dressed in your training gear so that you arrive ready to train
- Bring your own water bottle (32 oz. minimum)
- Bring your PPE (face covering) and be ready to wear it while on campus and during training *Face coverings will be removed during heavy exertion and when breathing is at all difficult
- Pack any personal sanitizing supplies, like hand sanitizer
- Conduct a daily temperature and symptom check. If you have a temperature higher than 100.3 or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 do not go to training
- Sanitize your hands prior to departing for training Check in at the gate next to the HS office when arriving on campus (arrive 15 minutes early)
- Maintain social distance of 6 feet
On the last page of the 2020-21 Parent-Student Handbook, there is an acknowledgment that’s due September 30. Feel free to drop off in the high school office or email to RaKia Harris at email@example.com.